We are seeking session and workshop proposals for the 2023 Summit.
Whether you are an IT professional staff member, management or C-suite, everyone can participate and share content, learnings and solutions.
The program is driven by our diverse member community made up of colleges, institutes and research universities. Check out our conference session archives for sessions from past events.
Deadline for submitting proposals: February 27, 2023
Program Committee reviews proposals: March 7, 2023
Speakers notified of acceptance: March 9, 2023
Deadline for speakers to confirm acceptance: March 16, 2023
reasons to participate as a speaker
We encourage all levels of staff to contribute content from every higher ed member institutions in BC. Whether you're investigating or implementing a new technology, or would like to share your innovative solution, we will help connect you with peers at the CONNECT Summit.
The call for proposals is open to BCNET Members and other Canadian post-secondary institutions as well as partners of the National Research & Education Network.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share your knowledge so others can benefit from your experience
- Gain peer recognition
- Showcase your solutions
- Build your professional network and reputation
Tracks and Learning Paths
Your opportunities for learning and sharing are organized into 5 Track Themes
The BCNET CONNECT Summit Program Committee have recommended programming and content ideas within each track to help guide you in developing your speaking proposal. Be sure to visit each track for content suggestion details.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
The BCNET CONNECT Summit Program Committee will evaluate all session proposals based on the following criteria:
- Quality of written proposal
- Relevance to our conference, attendees and track themes
- Value/Innovation and original problem solving
- Ability to inspire action and/or outcome for users
To deliver a truly memorable experience, it is important to involve participants and make them part of your session. Try one of these interactive presentation ideas to wow and engage your audience.
Interactive Speaker Presentation - 60 minutes
- Present content in a span of 30 minutes, with the remaining 30 minutes focusing on an interactive discussion with the audience.
- Can be storytelling, more conversational.
Debate - 60 minutes
Facilitate a 60-minute session consisting of 2 panels with opposing perspectives, focusing on a thought-provoking topic.
Multi-campus Viewpoint Panel Discussion - 60 minutes
- Create a panel consisting of individuals from multiple campuses who engage in a conversation revolving around current challenges, solutions and lessons learned.
Roundtable Discussion - 60 minutes
- Present a specific topic to the group for discussion.
- Each participate is given the opportunity to participate and provide their comments.
Speaker Presentation - 60 minutes
- Present on a topic of your choice for 55 minutes, allowing 10 minutes for a Q&A at the end.
AMA Sessions - 60 minutes
- AMA or “Ask Me Anything” sessions are based purely on an audience asking questions to a one or multiple speakers.
- They are a great way to present your attendees with a whole session experience that is dedicated to asking important questions.
- BCNET is also accepting proposals for half- or full-day workshops to be held on Monday, April 24, 2023
- A registration fee applies to attend a workshop.